Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Gone, But Not Forgotten

The creme fraiche met its end this morning when it still hadn't thickened after 18 hours of sitting. Not that I expected it to be finished, but I expected it to be thicker than milk. I wish there was a cooking hotline you could call and explain your situation: I was trying to make creme fraiche; this is what I did; why didn't it work?

Whole Foods to the rescue. I will be swinging by the store tomorrow to see if I can score some creme fraiche for my grilled lemon sauce.

My daughter loved the gnocchi. Ladybird always lets you know if she approves of a new food by humming "mmmmmmmmmm!" She opened her eyes very wide, raised her eyebrows, and announced her opinion on the gnocchi after the first bite or two. Gibble, on the other hand, stared at the gnocchi for twenty minutes, picking up one to take a tentative lick before setting it down again. He ended up with a bowl of acorn squash and barley.

My daughter is such a gourmand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home