Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Terrior

I learned a great word yesterday--terrior--which is pronounced "te-wah." It is a wine term that refers to all of the outside influences that affect the grapes, such as the wind, sun, soil, water, etc. But think about the terrior of my recipes--the child clinging to my leg, the ill-timed cry as the sauce is burning, the sticky toy that made its way into the dough. Who can really tell the difference in wine from one season to the next? But the blatant terrior of my food that speaks volumes about whether my children were conscious or unconscious at the time of preparation? Or pretending to be unconscious, but giggling while they play with Ocean Wonders instead of napping?

Don't they know that I can hear them through the monitor?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

All of my meals have that "Blue's Clues terrior".

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home